“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the main event, in the category of the meaning of life here on planet Earth, presiding over this match we have the Holy Spirit, the King of Kings and the Father of All, (pause) Now in the red corner, with a professional record of with numerous wins in the lives of fools, from the heart of the Adversary but living in countless minds all over the world, please welcome the Concept of Wickedness! (Pause) The opponent in the blue corner with a professional record of the Ultimate Win, through the work of the Son of God, and found in the lives of the saints, from before the beginning of time, please welcome the Concept of Righteousness!”
How Do We Live in the Midst of Struggle?
Find Your Sweet Spot In The Middle
Ecc. 7:15-23 We have to get out of the corner!
- v16/17 – Don’t be holier than thou, or a smart-alec, and don’t be mr. wicked; live in the middle (which is where the fight is!)
- v20 don’t pretend to be perfect, we all know better
- v23 we know we’re going to fall short; don’t obsess about it
Bring Your Best To The Conflict
Rom. 12:3-8 Don’t just show up; TRAIN
- v3 sober judgment w/ faith; admit weakness and strengths
- v4/5 we are a TEAM – not just individuals (wrestling points)
- v6/8 prophesying = proclaimer of divine concerns
- serving = service as attendant, aide, or assistant
- teaching = regardless of setting
- encouraging = urge strongly, appeal to, urge, exhort
- contributing = to give WITH (larger than ourselves)
- leadership = exercise a position of leadership
- mercy = be greatly concerned about someone in need
Let’s USE our spiritual gifts in the midst of life’s struggle! When all is said and done, the Fight has ultimately already been Won by One!